Wednesday, June 27, 2007

SNC in School

SNC's in schools, which I had innitial thought of as being merely the MySpace and Facebook type pages includes much more than that. My latest reading, about uses for SNC's in schools, brings with it more ideas that can be incorporated to take advantage of the skills that the students have. From the library to the math class, the school newspaper to parental communications, there are concepts out there that are worthy of further exploration. Take a quick read of the above link and see what you think.
On another note, a colleague found out about the Blog Learning Contract from Net K-12....and found it interesting. It lead to quite a conversation, ranging from what I intended to some of the risks to the likely hood of our school OK'ing the idea. At any rate, it should be interesting. Most likely there will be more on that later.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I had found this one as well as the one you were doing durning the UF class we were in together.
I am also teaching an online social studies class for middle school age. I am still teaching either 4th or 5th grades face to face like before. Just more to keep me busier!
My blog has the UF comments as well as the ones that are being generated with my online group of teachers. They are real techie. You may find that interesting to watch and see if you pick up new things from them (I know I do all the time). We just started using a blog this summer.
Have a great summer!
Linda