Wednesday, July 4, 2007

New Things to Use

This summer, during the course of the Net K-12 and Digital Photography classes, I have found so many new things to try! I'm actually excited about teaching next year...I haven't been this excited since my first interactive white board arrived nearly 7 years ago. While I'll not be taking two classes at the same time again...a bit too confusing and time consuming, I enjoyed them both. N K-12 had the best reading text of any course so far. It wasn't like reading the standard text book, but it did a very good job of conveying information. DP had me doing some self-reflection and trying my own lesson plans. How long it had been since I "sat down" and did what I was asking my students to do and completed the entire thing, including the final product. That was good for me. Combining these two classes will definitely benefit my students next year.
They'll be working on a wiki for the team, doing "A Day in My Life" presentations at the start of the year and some will be blogging to create science newsletter to go home to all team parents. It's an exciting world and one that I'm feeling more comfortable in. This digital immigrant is diving into the Web 2.0 world lock, stock and barrel. It should be interesting!
Thanks to all who helped, prodded and simply made their thoughts available in their blogs! Collaboration is one of the great tools made available with this technology, and one that really seems to help me.
Good luck in later classes. Hope to "see" you in future classes.
mark

No comments: