Monday, August 13, 2007

Back Online

Things were nuts last week, leaving me very little time for work online after Tuesday. The annual invitational shoot that I work every year was put on. I had roughly 60 hours in this shoot Wed-Sun. I was non-stop beacuse things were "scaled back"---which meant 3 people instead of the normal 5, but with the same amount of work as usual. It was rough. I write this in the Ed. Tech blog because it really brings up a good point: This online stuff can really make life easier.
Learning about, and using RSS, has made it easy for me to catch up on the news that I missed last week. The online bookmarks would have helped me to keep up a little bit better on my class work, but doing the UF work on dial-up quickly proved to be too time consuming for the few 20 minute breaks that I could work in. I did show others some pages that I had at delicious for some parts customers were looking for. While I'm still not proficient in the creation of web pages and using CSS, my second job is patient and waiting for me to get them a decent web presence, which I'll most likely work on now that classes are over.
The more I learn, the more things I can do, and the more time I can save. Other than starting the last class 3 weeks late, I think it went well. Advancing in the tech realm is helping me in places other than my teaching and really proving to be worthwhile. I hope the classes I have coming up will be as useful!
For now, I'll most likely not be posting here much for the next couple of weeks and will be starting my summer now. I think I'll pretty much take a week off and not do much that I don't want to and enjoy myself.
Good luck in the Ed Tech adventures!!

No comments: