Saturday, December 1, 2007

Quick Update

Things are going pretty well on the tech front. The class blog is gaining momentum, even though it's not what I'd envisioned just yet, and some have been vocal about their dislike for the idea. It is however getting some of the more subdued students involved and active. I'll keep working on it and working toward its improvement. Today I changed the appearance, in favor a a simpler, easier to use template. It's been noticed by a student already...so at least one student checked it out on the weekend!
I'm still waiting for the wiki to be officially approved in school. I haven't been told to shut it down, but the tech department has yet to give the students access on school computers. That has kept the wiki use to a minimum. It's tough to use it for required things when not all students have internet at home and the school doesn't allow them to see it. Those that are using it seem to be positive and are taking advantage of the availability of class information. One actually consulted it during an absence and had the work done before returning to school! Some things make me smile...that's one thing.
Overall school's been interesting. This new stuff I'm trying, thanks to UFL, really has some great potential. I hope to continue improving and making the best learning environment I can. I should also be back in classes soon. I'll see what happens.

No comments: